Saturday, March 1, 2008

What is a blog for?

Today I will tell you more about what a blog is. The definition of a blog is a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies, as taken from dictionary.com. Why do people want to create a blog? A blog allows people to communicate with one another no matter what country.

I have already answered mst of the questions many people ask, but that is only my opinion. I have seen many people creating blogs for fun, while others use their blog to flame. This is not the right thing to do. Most people keep online diaries to share about experiences, like a holiday or visiting some place. I personally have this blog to help with my school work, journal. I think that blogs have many purposes, when I read this reader's digest issue about a lady, I found that her blog had many meaningful materials. She shared about her life, and one very special part of it where she lived inside her car. This is an example on how people share their life stories with others. Blogs are being read by many people, many people do not know that, but if there was a counter added, you would see that many people actually visit blogs. Going back onto my point on what is a blog for, I realised that a blog is just like a diary, but less inimate, mostly talking about what happened on that certain day.

A personal diary is one where a person can share all of his or her secrets, thus making it more intimate. As a blog can be read by many people all over the world, I feel that it is really public. The only thing people can do is just to keep their secrets to themselves.

No comments: